In this film, Dr. Kevin McCauley re-lives his own precarious early sobriety-negotiating hazards such as hostile prosecutors, treatment programs with divided loyalties, and his own craving brain. Following the advice of the Addiction Medicine experts who helped him, he replicates the sobriety habits and success of recovery pilots and health care professionals. By framing addiction not as a problem of moral choice but as a safety/risk management challenge, Dr. McCauley explains how recovery is neither rare nor random—with the right kind of support, it can even be expected.
This film will prove a valuable tool for therapists, counselors, recovery coaches, and clinicians to introduce audiences to the concepts and practices of Recovery Management, and for people in early recovery and their families learning how to survive the first year of sobriety.
The screening will take place on Tuesday, May 10, 2016; 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. MST.
Refreshments will be provided by The Meadows.
5:30 - 6:00 p.m.: Sign-in and Networking
6:00 - 7:30 p.m.: Screening of "Memo to Self"
7:30 - 8:00 p.m.: Q & A with Dr. Kevin McCauley
Meadows Outpatient Center
19120 N. Pima Road, Suite 125, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Continuing Education Credits for Professionals
The event is FREE, 1.5 continuing Education Credits or NBCC Clock Hours available.
After watching this film, attendees will be able to:
- Identify three things known to cause relapse in people in early sobriety.
- Define the term "Recovery Capital."
- Identify the elements of a Recovery-Oriented System of Care.
Continuing Education Info
PLEASE NOTE: You must RSVP to receive a continuing education certificate. 1.5 continuing education credits or NBCC clock hours is available; no partial credit will be given.
* The Meadows is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Meadows maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Course meets criteria for 1.5 hours of continuing education credit hours for psychologists.
* The Meadows is an NBCCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider #5687.
* This course has been approved by The Meadows, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for 1.5 CE. NAADAC Provider #62791, The Meadows is responsible for all aspects of their programming. Course addresses Counseling Services from NAADAC Counselor Skill Group.