Twelve-step meetings help patients realize they’re not alone on their journey of recovery. At meetings, individuals have an opportunity to share their feelings and hear other people share their experience, strength, and hope.
At 12-step meetings patients:
- Express their thoughts and feelings in a safe and anonymous setting.
- Recognize the situations that led them to addiction.
- Meetings are available for various addictions and needs, as well as gender-specific meetings.
- Patients are directed to local 12-step meetings in their hometowns and are encouraged to find a home group, obtain a sponsor, and work the 12 steps.
- By meeting the physical, mental and spiritual needs of patients, the 12-step program helps to:
- Prevent relapse
- Teach better self-control
- Provide lasting recovery
A Proven Treatment Program
The beautiful year-round weather of Scottsdale, Arizona makes The Meadows Outpatient Center the ideal place to begin or continue your journey of recovery. In a safe and nurturing community, our patients are guided on their journey of recovery by examining the underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders. The goal is for these individuals to gain the courage to face difficult issues, including grief and loss; heal from emotional trauma; and become accountable for their own feelings, behaviors, and recovery. Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 800-244-4949.